October 6, 2011

Welcome To Temptation Thursday.....


A Small Excerpt From My Current Untitled WIP........

His hair was the whitest blond she’d ever seen and hung in straight locks that touched his shoulders. He wore no shirt, but a strap across his chest wrapped around to hold a bow laden with red arrows at his back. His jeans were well-worn and his feet were bare. He looked human with the exception of his silver eyes and pointed teeth.
“You’re not a vampire,” she stated when he didn’t respond to her question. “You could be a demon I suppose, but I don’t know what you’d want with a ghost if you were.” She glanced behind him again. “You don’t look like a seraph at first glance, but judging from that spot on the middle of your back, I’d say you’ve got your wings hidden.” She met his eyes again. “If you are an angel, my next question is if you’re batting for the good guys or the bad ones?”
“I can guarantee you I’m not the highest ranking on the team, but I do pitch for the good guys.” His eyes sparkled when he talked.
Victoria looked out at the ocean, the water still calm though she felt a storm brewing. “Who are you?” she asked again, enunciating each word slowly.
“I’m Cupid,” he replied.
She giggled. “As in the guy who goes around shooting people with arrows to make them fall in love?”
There was no laughter in his voice when he spoke. “The one and only.”
Victoria thought it best to keep her laughter to herself. She’d heard stories of Cupid as a child, but the man standing before her looked nothing like the chubby faced cherub she’d seen in books. “So, what do you want with me?”


2 comments: