December 1, 2011

The Sweetest Gift



If you were given the chance to have one wish, do you know what you’d choose? Would you ask for world peace, or for hunger to never exist? Maybe you’d want to cure fatal diseases like cancer.


What if you were told that you’re choice would not come without consequence? That what you choose today could alter your tomorrow. Would that alter your decision?

And what would you do if the message was delivered by a fairy? Would you embrace the gift you were being offered? Would be believe your eyes?


As I look to the coming holidays, I think of the many gifts I’ve been blessed with in my life. I wonder what I would choose if I were visited by my Fairy Godmother. I like to believe she’s out there watching and protecting me, and the truth is, I really don’t know what I would ask for.

The last year has flown by in a whirlwind, and life is good. I’ve been blessed with many things. I have a job I actually enjoy, a hobby that keeps me busy and allows me to share my stories with the world.

I have a husband who tries to please me every day, three beautiful children who are healthy, and friends who get me. I’m healthy, happy, and well-loved. What more could a girl want?


While my children dream of a visit from St, Nicholas, I will celebrate Yule (the birth of the Sun). This year, I’m going to try my hand at making an actual Yule Log while I sip my mulled cider and sing the holiday classics I grew up with. And when I look up at the night sky and see the stars twinkling, I’m going to smile and thank the Goddess that my Fairy Godmother has a place within the heavens to keep watch over my family and me.

So from my home to yours…..


&


I’ll be giving a PDF copy of The Sweetest Gift to one lucky person who comments on this blog post. And be sure to check out www.decadentpublishing.com to buy it tomorrow December 2, 2011. The story is also available in the Yule Be Mine Anthology Volume 1 (Print Book Only) also at Decadent!!!!!!




1 comment: