December 8, 2011

Temptation Thursday 8

A piece from my new untitled piece....thinking this will be a short, unless my characters take me in a different direction.

I smelled her perfume before I saw Eileen round the corner, she had to bathe in the stuff it was so strong. I wouldn’t have minded if the fragrance was enjoyable, but all I could think of was the little old women who came to play bridge at my grandmother’s house. It was a scent of roses, heavy and overbearing, and I wanted to vomit.
“Alicia, we’re meeting in five minutes in the board room,” Eileen said in passing which didn’t give me a chance to tell her I was bowing out as soon as Harrison returned.
I stood, rolled my eyes at Angelina, and grabbed the file. The board room as right around the corner from my station, so I took my time getting there and slid into a seat just as Eileen moved to close the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment